728 Designing the Green Interior
This course examines the task of developing a sustainable project, and the various strategies for structuring the project team and work flow. The questions of who participates, what roles people play, and how the design process works in this new paradigm are covered, while introducing the purpose and practices leading to LEED certification.
- Understanding of the various strategies related to the production of the design of a sustainable interiors project.
- Familiarity of the issues to consider at each stage of the design process.
- Understanding the economics of sustainable design and production processes.
- Familiarity with effective team building methods across different disciplines of interior design, architecture, structural engineering and MEP engineering for a sustainable project.
- Familiarity with current methodologies and digital technologies (ie. Revit) used to facilitate project collaboration and development.
- Familiarity with the various regulatory agencies, organizations, and standards that impact a sustainable project, including the USGBC and LEED, Battery Park City Authority, etc.
- Familiarity with the role of the LEED consultant for project documentation.
- Familiarity with performance in key areas of LEED and how that applies to building type, interior design and building lifecycle phase.
Professor: Ethan Lu, IIDA AIA IDEC LEED AP