744 Green Lighting Energy and Controls
The success of a sustainable interior is directly linked to the quality and efficiency of its artificial illumination. Students will be introduced to the newest technologies and ones in development as they consider methods for integrating artificial and natural illumination leading to a well lit and efficient result.
- Knowledge of current sustainable practices in interior artificial illumination.
- Understanding lighting criteria and priorities in sustainable illumination practices.
- Familiarity of codes and regulations related to energy usage and interior lighting.
- Knowledge of new and emerging sustainable technologies and equipment.
- Familiarity with strategies for developing a sustainable and comprehensive lighting solution for an interior space.
- Knowledge of control systems and devices that enhance sustainability.
- Understanding the methods of and procedures for calculating lighting suitability and efficiency.
- Familiarity with how to write specifications for green interior lighting.
- Familiarity with technology available to facilitate lighting visualization and analysis.
Professor: Eric Chenault, LC LEED AP