748 Maintaining the Green Interior
Making an interior sustainable does not end on move-in day. This course introduces students to the materials, methods, and strategies for creating a successful maintenance program for a variety of facility types, ensuring the endurance of the facility and its future as a sustainable environment. This course concludes with presentations devoted to the preparation for the LEED AP exam.
- Understanding of the principles and concepts of maintaining a green interior.
- Understanding the role of the external professional and their on-going relationship to the end-user organization.
- Knowledge of strategies for developing a sustainable maintenance program.
- Familiarity with post-occupancy evaluation, building commissioning and life-cycle assessment.
- Familiarity with the purpose and content of the LEED AP exam.
Professor: Ethan Lu, IIDA AIA IDEC LEED AP