752 Sustainable Studio II- Contract Environment
This capstone design studio focuses on the challenge of designing a sustainable contract interior. Working in teams, each group will be assigned a different contract project type including corporate, institutional, healthcare, hospitality, and retail. This project is presented to a graduate faculty jury and industry specialists for evaluation.
(The program for the spring 2011 semester includes a corporate office space, a restaurant and a retail space)
- Competency in addressing how initial design strategies and concepts such as solar orientation, passive strategies, and internal space planning impacts interior environmental efficiencies and design development.
- Competency in the development of sustainable interior non-residential spaces, synthesizing traditional design considerations and green objectives.
- Competency in coordinating architectural, material, environmental, and decorative decisions that support the goal of sustainability.
- Familiarity of sustainable environmental control systems and strategies as they apply to non-residential environments.
- Competency in collaboration, consensus building, leadership, and team work, utilizing current methodologies and digital technologies to facilitate project collaboration and development.
- Understanding how sustainable approaches can be applied to as variety of non-residential environments, including corporate, institutional, healthcare, hospitality, and retail.
Studio Instructors: May Julsuwan, LEED AP & Ethan Lu, AIA IDEC LEED AP