Spring MPS-S Sustainable Studio II
This capstone design studio focuses on the challenge of designing a sustainable contract interior. Working in teams, each group will be assigned a different contract project type including corporate, institutional, healthcare, hospitality, and retail. This project is presented to a graduate faculty jury and industry specialists for evaluation.
(The program included a corporate office space, a restaurant and a retail space)
- Competency in addressing how initial design strategies and concepts such as solar orientation, passive strategies, and internal space planning impacts interior environmental efficiencies and design development.
- Competency in the development of sustainable interior residential spaces, synthesizing traditional design considerations and green objectives.
- Competency in coordinating architectural, material, environmental, and decorative decisions that support the goal of sustainability.
- Familiarity of sustainable environmental control systems and strategies as they apply to residential environments.
- Competency in collaboration, consensus building, leadership, and team work, utilizing current methodologies and digital technologies to facilitate project collaboration and development.
- Understanding how sustainable approaches can be applied to as variety of non-residential environments, including corporate, institutional, healthcare, hospitality, and retail.
Drawings and renderings below were produced in Revit (BIM), Sketchup and 3D Max.
Studio Instructors: May Julsuwan, LEED AP & Ethan Lu, AIA IDEC NCIDQ LEED AP
Project Team 1: Oleksandra Novytska, Pingping Jin, Olisa Cifligu
Project Team 2: Kiho Park, Zarina Hamdard
Project Team 3: Jeremy Peng, Hsin Jou Hsiao
Project Team 4: Elisabeth Christie, Anna Marengo, Maria Arias
Project Team 5: Alejandra Lara, Luciana Conti, Jenna Lurvey
Note: Click on link below to see project research slides